Date: December 2, 2021
Looking for a great first car for your teen driver? Here's a list of 10 cars and SUVs that should work well for first-time drivers.
1. Toyota Camry: This is a good car for someone who needs a reliable and economical vehicle. The Camry has decent power and can get up to 32 mpg on the highway, which is pretty impressive considering its size and weight.
2. Volkswagen Jetta: The Jetta's fuel economy is stellar--it can provide 26-27 mpg in town or 37-38 mpg on the highway. It's not the most sporty car out there, but it provides a nice ride and excellent features for an affordable price.
3. Ford Focus: This is one of the best small cars on the market, partially thanks to its great fuel efficiency ratings: 27/38 in town, 37/46 on the highway for the SEL model, while some models can reach up to 40/45 on the highway. The Focus has responsive handling and impressive acceleration.
4. Honda Civic: A go-to car for many drivers out there, the Civic offers great gas mileage that can get up to 34-35 mpg on the highway, and 24/34 in town. It's a fun car to drive and can be purchased for a relatively affordable price.
5. Volkswagen Passat: This is another good budget option that can provide you with up to 24/36 mpg in town, and 29/40 on the highway. It's not the most fuel efficient car out there--but for this price it is definitely worth taking into consideration.
6. Toyota Camry Hybrid: The Camry Hybrid offers really good fuel efficiency ratings--49/48 in town, 43/39 on the highway (and that's combined!). Despite its high gas mileage, it's not very sluggish--it has 180 HP under the hood.
7. Mazda 3: Another solid choice if you are looking for an affordable car with great gas mileage, though slightly worse than some of the other models mentioned before (22-23 mpg in town). The Mazda3 can get up to 36-37 mpg on the highway depending on the model, so be sure to research before purchasing.
8. Ford Fusion Hybrid: This is one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market--it can reach up to 44/41 mpg in town, and 40-41 mpg on the highway depending on your needs. It's slightly more expensive than other models mentioned before but it offers good power for this class of car.
9. Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited: The gas mileage ratings are not as great as some other models mentioned earlier (22/32 in town) but they're still pretty impressive considering its size--26/36 on the highway, 26/34 combined. For a mid-sized vehicle you won't feel like you've compromised too much when it comes to power.
10. Mazda 6: This isn't one of the most fuel efficient models out there (20/30 in town) but it's not too bad either (25-28 mpg on the highway). For a car this size, you will see an impressive acceleration that can reach 60 mph in less than seven seconds, which is decent for its class.
Consider your next vehicle purchase for your teen by going to the Binghamton Auto Exchange located at 209 Vestal Parkway West in Vestal NY. You can call us today at 607-754-9118 and see why we are the most trusted name in pre-owned luxury under $15,000 since 1976.
209 Vestal Parkway West
Vestal, NY 13850
Sales: (607) 754-9118
Monday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 6:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
After Hours Available by Appointment