Date: November 18, 2021
What are the five most important things to do after buying a used car? There are some tasks that you should complete immediately after buying a new or used car. You may have just acquired your first set of wheels or traded up for a new ride. After buying, there are five important things to do with your car either right away or within the next few days.
1. Fill up the gas tank immediately after buying a new or used car. This will ensure your new purchase is safe to drive and that you will not return home with an empty tank.
2. Drive your car for at least 20 minutes within the first 24 hours of buying it, even if that means making a short trip to the grocery store.
3. Take your car to a car wash within the first 48 hours. It's a good idea to wash your car right away after buying it. You may feel like you are just sitting in the parking lot admiring your new purchase, but that dirt and dust will just build up especially if you live in a place that is well known for its harsh weather.
4. Complete a quick review of your car's functions, such as the lights and windshield wipers. Just give your new or used car a quick look over to ensure it is in working order. This will also help you to get more comfortable driving your new car.
5. Update your car's information with the latest changes, such as a new license plate sticker or address change if you had to move for work or school. You can do this at your local DMV or car dealership.
These tips will come in handy when you are ready to purchase your next vehicle. Visit us at located at the Binghamton Auto Exchange at 209 Vestal Parkway West in Vestal NY. You can call us today at 607-754-9118 and see why we are the most trusted name in pre-owned luxury under $15,000 since 1976.
209 Vestal Parkway West
Vestal, NY 13850
Sales: (607) 754-9118
Monday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
After Hours Available by Appointment