Date: September 15, 2021
In today's world, it seems as if everything is designed to be disposable. There are few things you can buy that will last a lifetime, and fewer still that will retain their value enough to be passed down from generation to generation.
The car is one of those rare exceptions – a luxury vehicle with a high resale value – you might wish were less so. That said, the high price point of these cars isn't just for bragging rights – it also reflects a level of attention to detail that makes them appealing in the first place. It stands to reason then, that your luxury car or SUV won't have been thrown together at the cheapest cost possible – leading us nicely onto interior protection…
7 Ways To Protect Your Car's Interior: Tips and Tricks
It's a sad fact of life that, despite your best intentions, accidents happen. Knowing how to protect your car's interior against them is half the battle – but where do you start? Here are seven simple ways you can take proactive steps towards protection:
1) Clean it! It sounds silly to say that cleaning your car's interior should be at the top of your list – but believe me, it makes all the difference. Dirt particles attract grime like nothing else, so by ensuring all surfaces are clear before damage occurs, you'll have already won half the battle.
2) Protecting leather seats isn't just about looking after them – apparently, people leave coins in their cars for fun (I kid you not) but they forget that your seats are hiding them from view! Hidden coins, pens, and other sharp objects don't just look bad – speaking from experience, they can eventually lead to tears in the leather. Treat yourself to a set of seat covers for peace of mind!
3) Upholstery protection isn't really necessary unless you have kids who've been known to partake in their fair share of tantrums (in which case it's probably best not to leave them unattended). Instead, protecting the floor is where you need to be looking if you want car interior protection…
4) Floor mats are designed for this very purpose. They're large enough to catch most spills and debris before they can do any damage, with most boasting a 'seamless' finish to ensure liquids don't seep between the gaps. Invest in some rubber floor mats for bonus protection!
5) Use seat covers – if you desire the aesthetic beauty of leather or vinyl, but don't want to risk destroying your interior, seat covers are for you. They come in many different styles, colors and materials.
Seat covers are merely protectors that slip over your car seats to guard against spills, stains, dirt, moisture, and even rips. No matter how careful you are with your car's upholstery, accidents can happen. Things like hot liquid spills from coffee cups or soda cans often end up on the floor mat below which is usually made of cheaper material than the actual floor mats under your feet. That is why it doesn't make sense to have expensive carpets facing a mat so investing in some quality
6) Speaking of stains, mud and dirt can cause problems for your car interior as well. This is especially true if you happen to own a white model – an absolute magnet for grime! Rather than reaching for harsh cleaners that will strip the paint from your exterior, try investing in some detailing clay instead. You'll be left with a gleaming surface without any unwanted side effects.
7) Don't neglect the windows either – nothing spoils a beautiful view quite like streaks! Instead of cleaning them yourself, you could take a leaf from the book of professional detailers and wipe them down before your car's been driven. They have special cleaning solutions for this very purpose – so why not give it a go?
The car's interior is a major selling point for luxury cars and it should be treated with care. With these 7 tips, you can keep your luxury car in pristine condition without sacrificing the beauty of its original condition. If you are searching for luxury car dealers near Ithaca, NY, then come down and visit us at 209 Vestal Parkway West in Vestal, NY and see why we are the most trusted name in pre-owned luxury vehicles under $15,000 since 1976. Call us at 607-754-9118.
209 Vestal Parkway West
Vestal, NY 13850
Sales: (607) 754-9118
Monday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
After Hours Available by Appointment