Date: October 6, 2021
Buying a used luxury vehicle is an exciting experience. It can also be intimidating, especially if it's your first time buying one. There are many things to consider when selecting the right vehicle for you and your family. You'll want to make sure that it will suit your needs in terms of safety, fuel efficiency, affordability, reliability, and comfort for all passengers.
The quality of the vehicle has much to do with how happy you will be with your purchase so here are 10 ways to know you are buying a quality used luxury car:
1) If there is any damage or missing parts on the vehicle- no matter how small- this could indicate poor maintenance or neglectful ownership which would likely lead to costly repairs down the line.
2) Check the VIN number and run a Carfax history report. The VIN is a seventeen-digit number that includes specific information about the vehicle such as where it was manufactured, the model year of the vehicle, and even the exact specs of that particular vehicle. A Carfax report will show you the history- good or bad- of a particular vehicle including accidents, flood damage, theft recovery information, and more. The report can give you a general idea of the overall condition of the vehicle.
3) The asking price of a used vehicle is usually negotiable so try to get as much information as possible about its history before making an offer.
4) Inquire about available warranties that are included with the purchase or ask if the dealer will agree to a limited warranty or if you can purchase an extended warranty.
5) Ask if there has been recent work done on the vehicle such as timing belts, oil changes, brake jobs, etc. A lengthy service record will indicate that the car has been maintained properly and may indicate a long life.
6) Ask if there were any recalls on this vehicle to determine if it has been repaired. This can save you from costly repairs in the future.
7) A clean interior with no stains or odors is always a good sign that previous owners have been conscientious about maintaining the car. The cabin of the car should be free from any stains, cracks, or tears in fabrics and upholstery.
8) The vehicle should be free of any rust or corrosion on the body- this could indicate that it has been properly cared for.
9) Door dings, paint scratches, and small dents in the body of a used car usually indicate that it was well maintained but may also indicate that it has been driven carelessly.
If you are looking for a quality used luxury car near Cicero NY, then come visit the Binghamton Auto Exchange at 209 Vestal Parkway West in Vestal NY or call us at 607-754-9118.
209 Vestal Parkway West
Vestal, NY 13850
Sales: (607) 754-9118
Monday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
After Hours Available by Appointment